WHIRL (What Have I Read Lately) Books is a site for readers to find books for themselves and their book clubs. Liz at Literary Masters runs book groups and literary salons where we "dig deep" into literary treasures.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Ten Best Books About Women

Everyone loves lists, right?  They make life easier.  So, even though I have no clue who the author Bidisha is, I am willing to see what she deems to be "the ten best books about women" in her recent article in the UK's Guardian.

What a list!  I've only read two of these books, but one was very influential in forming my literary "career"--Reading Lolita in Tehran.  And because that wonderful book is on Bidisha's list, I'm willing to give the others a try.  I am particularly intrigued by Joan of Arc: In Her Own Words and Intercourse.  Wow, the TBR pile next to my bed just got higher!

Click here for the full list.  What would your Ten Best Books About Women list look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment